galaxy image BitWorks Music sounds for your world

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Wind Cries Mary


Today. What to say? It started out oddly enough. Windy. We lost power, though I'm not sure exactly when. (The photo is from the NYC power outage years ago.) I spent my morning getting the generator set up, driving daughter to school, then heading to work without a shower in my old sweats. At least I stopped for coffee!

Then there was news of the worst shooting rampage in US history at Virginia Tech. I worked with one faculty member there and have worked with many VT alumni. Needless to say, my thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this tragedy.

In happier news, I promised a new release today! This depends on reliable electricity and net access, both of which are questionable at this point. With luck I will have the new album up later this evening. Until then, I leave you in suspense...

Update: Still no power at home, so the album release will probably not be this evening. Also, dear Mr. Tax Man, you will not be receiving my tax return this evening either.

One more note of interest: a couple posts ago I spoke about net neutrality. Well, a recent article available here puts the myth of net neutrality in perspective. Unfortunately, while neutrality is a nice concept, it's just not that simple, and what it boils down to is that the ISPs will do whatever they want and/or need to do, including prioritizing whatever net traffic they deem "high priority". The rest of us will just have to deal with it.

No comments: