galaxy image BitWorks Music sounds for your world

Friday, November 30, 2007

Shipped!


The decks are on their way! Deck the halls?

Interesting news the other day about Kristen Hersh, musician who fronted Throwing Muses, now rockin' as 50 Foot Wave, and becoming a music revolutionary. She has come to take the free music for donations approach that Radiohead did just a few weeks ago, creating a movement called the CASH Music Project, aka the Coalition of Artists and Stake Holders. I think we will be seeing a lot more of this happening. My opinion is that offering music for free will free the music. Musicians still need to eat, usually, pay the rent/mortgage, and so on. Unfortunately, we must leave this as an exercise for the reader... Robert Fripp recommends that musicians take up something like plumbing. I don't think I would hire myself as a plumber.

Check out Kristen HERE.

No comments: